Free! - Caveau de la Huchette

    While we were in Paris some of my friends and I went to a jazz club. I loved this experience so much!! There was a dimly lit upstairs where you could get food and sit in comfy booths, and a small downstairs room with live musicians, nice places to sit, and room to dance. Well actually there wasn't much room to dance when we were there because it was packed!!! The band we saw perform was incredible. I am not a huge jazz person but watching them play made me love it! The vibes in that room were so good. Everyone was cramped together enjoying great music. The bottom floor architecture was so cool. It was like a cave that had been hollowed out. The walls were stone and they had it lit with orange lights which gave it such a nice glow. I literally loved this experience and look forward to keeping it as a special memory. 

    After doing some research I was able to find that Caveau de la Huchette has some great cultural significance. One way it is culturally significant is that many big names in jazz have played here! This makes me think that maybe the band that I saw will become big! That would be so cool to be able to say I saw them in Paris before they got famous. Another reason it is culturally significant is that this place has helped bring Jazz to Paris. It has helped Jazz to become more popular in Paris! Furthermore, many movies have this place in them! I don’t blame film makers for putting this place in their films, it is stunning. The reason we went to this specific one is because it has ties to “LaLa Land”. Apparently it uses the decor of one of the rooms. A lot of us are big “LaLa land” fans so of course we had to go see this place.

    I definitely think that this jazz club/music contributes to Paris’s status as a cultural capital. While I was listening to the great music I heard multiple different languages. I was not able to speak to any of them but we were all connecting because we were all appreciating the same music. Music is special in the fact that everyone can enjoy it. Music makes people feel things and helps people make connections, it is the reason that movies are so magical. There is always music in the background and it makes their life so much more emotional. I think that any city that makes sure it is filled with music is a very smart choice. Music totally boosts a city's status as a cultural capital. 

                                    


Source: http://www.caveaudelahuchette.fr/1/un_peu_d_histoire_715972.html

Comments

  1. Ohh Molly, this is so lovely! This jazz club seems like it was a completely wonderful experience. I totally agree with what you said about music, it is so connecting. I think places like Paris really elevate their cultural status via uniting different cultures and histories. Few things are as uniting as music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!! I love that you explained how Jazz was brought to Paris and how this Jazz club helps bring more culture to Paris. I think that Paris using Jazz to bring people in helps to show that they are a learning growing capital that is constantly bringing in different music and art.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Palais Garnier

Agnès Varda

Concepción Arenal