Sweden - women choice


She is the blondie back there  

 While I was in Sweden I was able to go to the ABBA museum! I absolutely love ABBA so this was such a fun experience! I was first introduced to a lot of their songs through the Mama Mia movies, which are some of my favorite movies. I literally want to be Donna. Anyways, the museum was so fun and I was able to learn a lot about the individual singers so I am choosing to write this blog on one of them! Agnetha fältskog was one of the singers of ABBA. She was born in Sweden and totally has the classic Blonde hair, blue eye look. Something that I didn’t know was that she had a solo career both before and after the band was formed. In my opinion I think they should have stayed together longer because I had never heard of her solo career before this day, but obviously I had heard of ABBA. Another thing I was able to learn about her was that she dated and even ended up marrying one of the members of ABBA. Actually, she was with him before they formed the band. Not surprised the band didn't survive knowing that they were married….. Especially because they separated. Literally a recipe for disaster but oh well. I had a great time listening to her music and learning about her at the museum!

    I think that ABBA has such a unique and fun sound to it and part of that is because of Agnetha fältskog. Her voice mixed with Anni-Frid Lyngstad is what makes the found so special. Furthermore, I think the use of their songs in the Mama Mia play and movie is such a big contribution to them and what makes it so special. If it weren't for ABBA, so many people wouldn't have their favorite movie. I know these don't really sound like huge contributions but they are important to me because I love their music and what has been able to be made with it. 

    I think she has been commemorated well! I think the band ABBA will never die because of the new holographic concert, the Mama Mia movies, and this museum. All of these things help people to remember them and help new generations discover their music and fall in love in the same way that I did. People may not know her name, especially if they are not super fans, but she, like the 3 others, are ABBA and when that gets commemorated, I think she is getting commemorated. Being remembered, appreciated and loved are the best ways to be commemorated. I truly think that ABBA will not disappear.

us dancing to ABBA music in the silent disco room :)


Comments

  1. Such an awesome choice for your women's post! I think that learning about her is so helpful in understanding Stockholm as a cultural capital because ABBA is still the most famous band/artist to ever come out of Sweden. For many, the only thing they know about Sweden is from the band ABBA. That means that they have had to be the spokespeople/representatives of their country, and I think that she has done a great job because she is a good person, not just talented. This reflects positively on the rest of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a unique choice for your women's post and I am here for it! I had no idea about Agnetha fältskog's solo career, and she seems so cool based on the brief biography you have of her. Though I didn't know her name before reading this, I have to say that she has added greatly to the cultural capital of Stockholm, because it is her voice that I think of when anybody references the city!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Palais Garnier

Agnès Varda

Concepción Arenal