Madrid Woman: Emilia Pardo Bazán
I have chosen to write my women’s choice blog on Emilia Pardo Bazán. I was able to learn a lot about her when we were by her statue! She was a writer! She wrote over 600 stories. Professor Pratt once set a goal to read one of her stories everyday! He got to about 40-ish days and then decided to call it quits. However, he said they were all very good. She was the 22nd person in Spain to have a telephone. She was pro technology but also couldn’t see how planes could be useful. Planes are my favorite technology so I think it’s funny she didn’t think they would be useful. On a more serious note, she used to give great lectures and even became the first woman to be a professor at the university. Sadly, the male professors didn’t like this and would boycott her lectures. This also caused a lot of the students to not attend them as well because they were scared of the repercussions. She ended up leaving the university and went back to giving lectures outside the university....
Comments
Post a Comment